Friday, February 13, 2009

Stimulus: Bring It On!


I’m going to be losing my job in July. I’m one of those people that according to BO who is hurting for no fault of my own. I worked for the company that was the largest bank failure in US history. No TARP money here.. seems like every other financial institution was either acquired or given TARP money, but not my employer, who has been around since 1890. Not once have I heard from any of my co-workers, ‘If only that damn capitalism hadn’t done us all in!’ However, I do hear how our management was STUPID and greedy, and how our incompetent CEO managed to bankrupt a 100+ year old company.

But back to the stimulus package now being voted on, of which no one has even read. How can they? It being written as we speak. BO promised transparency, legislation posted on Whitehouse.gov. That has not happened. Just one more broken campaign promise, and what are we in,,, the third week of The One's administration? But I welcome the passage of this legislation. With it I won’t have to find a new job. BO is going to take care of me. I have already sent him a letter with my address and details of my monthly expenses.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all the young people who are going to fund my mortgage and living expenses. Especially my nieces and nephews, your good ol uncle really appreciates it. I would also like to emphasize how this is just what our country needs. The more our government fosters a culture of dependency, the better. Why Work?, Vote Democrat! The American people need a government that will care for them. Why strive for success, wealth and prosperity? Why be self-reliant and free? The more dependent we become as a society, the more indentured we become to the government. So our elected masters can depend on us to continue their reign, so they can have their limos, private aircraft, caviar and champagne. We will just continue to pay the bill!

Ignorance is bliss, and very expensive.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh no problem we would love to pay for your retirement uncle al! just kidding...

Anonymous said...

David, you can send your checks dirctly to me if that would be more convenient for you. Uncle Al.