Monday, February 2, 2009

'Reformer' Daschle Had Big Paydays From Insurers

WASHINGTON – Tom Daschle collected nearly a quarter of a million dollars in fees in the last two years speaking to leaders of the industry President Barack Obama wants him to reform as the administration's health secretary.
That was just a portion of the more than $5.2 million the former South Dakota senator earned as he advised insurers and hospitals and worked in other industries — real estate, energy and telecommunications among them, according to a financial statement filed with the Office of Government Ethics.

Remember all the crap about Cheney and Halliburton? Where is the outrage now?

2 comments:

Linda_Carlys_Mom said...

I think I love you Alan Cizik! When I saw the Death Star with the Obama logo, I almost coughed up a lung. Melissa Hill sent me a link to your blog. Great read. Didn't know there was a conservative in Seattle ;-) Rock on...I'll be reading.

Obi Wan said...

Thanks for reading (and pass along the site, I would appreciate it). I know for sure there at least two of us conservatives here in Seattle, but we have to keep quiet, like anonymous. Keep reading, and I'll keep posting!
Alan