Monday, June 1, 2009

Why is it you only see these stories published in the UK?



How Obamas' romantic £120 trip to Broadway racked up a £45,000 bill...that's for three private jets, two helicopter rides, extra planes for security and closing roads for motorcade.

Read it here.

UPDATE:
Because I'm Entitled
I did it because I'm entitled to burn a jet-load full of fuel, even though:
  • I plan to cap industry's production of carbon emissions regardless of whether it destroys our global competitiveness
  • My carbon emission caps will cost consumers thousands of dollars per family in higher energy costs
  • I have made independence from foreign oil our nation's top priority
  • I took over the auto industry and will force you to buy itsy-bitsy cars
  • I hated it when auto executives took private planes to Washington, those pigs
  • We all need to cut back in these hard times

You see, I'm just like that. And there's nothing you can do about it.

Correction: I'm sorry. I made a mistake. I actually burned three jet-loads of fuel. I forgot about the two planes full of commoners with things in their ears who talk into their sleeves, who follow me everywhere I go.

No comments: